Elmar Heggen, Chief Operating Officer and Deputy Chief Executive Officer of RTL Group, and Dirk Kemmerer, Chief Executice Officer (CEO) of Bertelsmann Printing Group, will join the Bertelsmann Group Management Committee (GMC) with immediate effect. The GMC advises and supports the Bertelsmann Executive Board in important matters of corporate strategy and development as well as other Group-wide matters. This brings the total membership of the international committee to 18 members, representing six different nationalities.
Thomas Rabe, Chairman & CEO of Bertelsmann said: “Elmar Heggen and Dirk Kemmerer have worked very successfully for Bertelsmann for many years. I very much look forward to working with them on the GMC. Elmar Heggen contributes the perspectives of RTL Group as Bertelsmann's largest and most profitable division. He has taken on important tasks within RTL Group’s new management structure and is responsible for the international broadcasting business. Dirk Kemmerer plays a key role in driving forward the realignment of Bertelsmann's printing division. With him as representative of the Bertelsmann Printing Group, the CEOs of all corporate divisions are now once again represented on the GMC.”
Elmar Heggen joined RTL Group in Luxembourg in 2000 as Vice President Mergers & Acquisitions. Since January 2006, Elmar Heggen has served on the RTL Group Executive Management team, and since 1 October 2006, he has been Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and Head of the Corporate Centre of RTL Group. In January 2018, Elmar Heggen also became Deputy CEO of RTL Group, and since August 2019 he has held the newly created position of COO of RTL Group.
Dirk Kemmerer joined Arvato in 2002 as an Account Manager, and in subsequent years successfully held successive management positions in Germany and abroad . In 2017 he moved to the Bertelsmann Printing Group with the Digital Marketing business unit for which he was responsible, and in 2018 took on the management of Europe's leading offset printing company Mohn Media as its CEO. Since April 2019 he has also served as CEO of the Bertelsmann Printing Group.
Following the appointment of Heggen and Kemmerer, the Group Management Committee is now comprised of the following members:
- Thomas Rabe (Chairman & CEO of Bertelsmann and CEO of RTL Group)
- Markus Dohle (CEO of Penguin Random House)
- Elmar Heggen (COO and Deputy CEO of RTL Group)
- Rolf Hellermann (CEO of Arvato Financial Solutions)
- Immanuel Hermreck (CHRO of Bertelsmann)
- Bernd Hirsch (CFO of Bertelsmann)
- Julia Jäkel (CEO of Gruner + Jahr)
- Dirk Kemmerer (CEO of Bertelsmann Printing Group)
- Kay Krafft (CEO of Bertelsmann Education Group)
- Annabelle Yu Long (CEO of Bertelsmann China Corporate Center and Managing Partner of Bertelsmann Asia Investments)
- Hartwig Masuch (CEO of BMG)
- Madeline McIntosh (CEO of Penguin Random House U.S.)
- Shobhna Mohn (Executive Vice President Growth Regions Strategy and Bertelsmann Investments)
- Gail Rebuck (Board Member Penguin Random House)
- Bernd Reichart (CEO of Mediengruppe RTL Deutschland)
- Frank Schirrmeister (CEO of Arvato SCM Solutions)
- Karin Schlautmann (Executive Vice President Corporate Communications of Bertelsmann)
- Nicolas de Tavernost (Chairman of the Executive Board of Groupe M6)
Bertelsmann is a media, services and education company that operates in about 50 countries around the world. It includes the broadcaster RTL Group, the trade book publisher Penguin Random House, the magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr, the music company BMG, the service provider Arvato, the Bertelsmann Printing Group, the Bertelsmann Education Group and Bertelsmann Investments, an international network of funds. The company has 117,000 employees and generated revenues of €17.7 billion in the 2018 financial year. Bertelsmann stands for creativity and entrepreneurship. This combination promotes first-class media content and innovative service solutions that inspire customers around the world.